Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nixie

PostSubject: Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa   Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 am

Hello,

I need a "flash dryer" for my screen printing business, but money is a little tight. I found a used unit in Ames, Iowa but the ebay seller isn't willing to drop it off at the Greyhound PackageXpress center in Ames (even though he works across the street from it). With that said, I'm looking to hire a member in or around Ames, Iowa that is capable of boxing the head (heater piece) of this unit and shipping it via Greyhound.

For simplicity, I've included a picture of what a similar unit looks like. Note that I'm only needing the upper box shaped part shipped, not the stand.

Anyone that can assist me in this in the next few days will be thoroughly compensated for time and expenses.

-Steven Biars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kjw

PostSubject: Re: Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 pm

I live in Oskaloosa, IA and Ames is about 2 hrs. away from here. I don't have a vehicle that I can drive to Ames but I can talk to my parents and see if they can do it. They might be going that direction this weekend. Please don't get your hopes up because my Mom can be a grouch sometimes. We have never shipped anything via greyhound before. I will let you know what they say. Kris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kjw

PostSubject: Re: Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:15 pm

I talked to my parents and they will not be going that far. I am sorry I can not help you.

I don't understand why the seller will not just take it to greyhound and ship it if they live right across the street. Are they afraid to ship it this way?

Kris

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nixie

PostSubject: Re: Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:28 pm

kjw wrote:
I talked to my parents and they will not be going that far. I am sorry I can not help you.

I don't understand why the seller will not just take it to greyhound and ship it if they live right across the street. Are they afraid to ship it this way?

Kris

My guess is that the seller is just being lazy. He's got a .edu email address, and the GPX location is basically on the campus. His user-name suggests he was born i 1966, so I'm guessing he's probably not a student. If it wasn't as far North, I would consider the drive myself, but it's 10+ hours at least, one way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haroldh

PostSubject: Re: Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa   Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:20 am

If he will ship UPS they will pick up the package at his house.
Harold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nixie

PostSubject: Re: Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:51 am

Haroldh wrote:
If he will ship UPS they will pick up the package at his house.
Harold

Hopefully, he'll let this occur. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa   

Back to top Go down

Want to HIRE a member in or near Ames, Iowa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1