Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New membet-First Question Radio collecting software?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
w8who

PostSubject: New membet-First Question Radio collecting software?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi everyone. My first post. Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can find a nice program to inventory and list my radio collection. Would like to have a picture,general info , and other data on it. I have about 250 radios and would like to get them on a good inventory program. I am not the greatest computrer geek so need something easy. Free or I would pay for a good program.
Many Thanks for help
Cliff
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youroldradio.com
dschulma

PostSubject: Re: New membet-First Question Radio collecting software?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Welcome to the forums! I was just looking at this software on eBay earlier today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350403369655&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Haven't purchased it yet, but the price is right and it looks like it will do everything you need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TexMac

PostSubject: Re: New membet-First Question Radio collecting software?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:14 pm

I only have about 80 or so radios, but the most flexible system I have found is simply Windows Explorer and a USB hard drive. I have a major file called "Radios". Within, I have separate folders for each manufacturer and within that, a folder for each radio. I can then keep photos, schematics, a simple rft data summary, notes, pdfs of any discussions, etc, etc. I use thumbnails to show a picture of each set, so I can go right to it.

Also in "Radios" I have a folder for servicing in general. There I keep data separated by component type, cabinet restoration techniques, and test equipment.

I keep a second major folder called "Library" that contains all the Riders, Beitmans, and books I have downloaded over the years.

So far I have about 90 gigabytes on a 250 G drive and since it is all logically filed I can just reach in and view whatever I need as though it were a huge room full of file cabinets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New membet-First Question Radio collecting software?   

Back to top Go down

New membet-First Question Radio collecting software?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1