Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

what to do with this 1929 stewart warner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cstolp

PostSubject: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 pm

I picked this up for $35, but the cabinet is really rough. It looks to me like the roping etc is made from some sort of plastic and is missing quite a few pieces. On top of that the cabinet does not appear to have been all that ornate or intesting in the first place. I am inclinded to scrap the cabinet. I would appreciate your advise, scrap yes or no?
Here is its picture
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reece

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Is that the actual radio or one like it? Boy, I wouldn't scrap it. By roping I believe you mean ornamental "wood" work? If there is still some left on the cabinet a mold can be made and it can be cast for replacement. Also, being less "ornate" could be a plus for some people who like simpler lines. I like basket cases, myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cstolp

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Reece wrote:
Is that the actual radio or one like it? Boy, I wouldn't scrap it. By roping I believe you mean ornamental "wood" work? If there is still some left on the cabinet a mold can be made and it can be cast for replacement. Also, being less "ornate" could be a plus for some people who like simpler lines. I like basket cases, myself.

The seller said it was the actual radio and upon closer examination it is.

Well I don't find the veneer very attractive either, but that is just me.

Yes ornamental. I will try to get some more pictures up once I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cstolp

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:42 am

Here it is

I've tested the tubes both 45s are bad as well as the 80. The 4 27/327 tubes test good.

Not sure what I am going to do with this. I will tuck it away for now. Probably will just end up parting it out.

I found it interesting that there are jacks labeled telev on the back. I guess they expected TV was coming sooner than it actually did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   

Back to top Go down

what to do with this 1929 stewart warner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antique Radios Forum :: Antique Radio Forums :: Antique Radio Discussions-
Jump to: