Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

what to do with this 1929 stewart warner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cstolp

PostSubject: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 pm

I picked this up for $35, but the cabinet is really rough. It looks to me like the roping etc is made from some sort of plastic and is missing quite a few pieces. On top of that the cabinet does not appear to have been all that ornate or intesting in the first place. I am inclinded to scrap the cabinet. I would appreciate your advise, scrap yes or no?
Here is its picture
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reece

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Is that the actual radio or one like it? Boy, I wouldn't scrap it. By roping I believe you mean ornamental "wood" work? If there is still some left on the cabinet a mold can be made and it can be cast for replacement. Also, being less "ornate" could be a plus for some people who like simpler lines. I like basket cases, myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cstolp

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Reece wrote:
Is that the actual radio or one like it? Boy, I wouldn't scrap it. By roping I believe you mean ornamental "wood" work? If there is still some left on the cabinet a mold can be made and it can be cast for replacement. Also, being less "ornate" could be a plus for some people who like simpler lines. I like basket cases, myself.

The seller said it was the actual radio and upon closer examination it is.

Well I don't find the veneer very attractive either, but that is just me.

Yes ornamental. I will try to get some more pictures up once I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cstolp

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:42 am

Here it is

I've tested the tubes both 45s are bad as well as the 80. The 4 27/327 tubes test good.

Not sure what I am going to do with this. I will tuck it away for now. Probably will just end up parting it out.

I found it interesting that there are jacks labeled telev on the back. I guess they expected TV was coming sooner than it actually did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with this 1929 stewart warner   

Back to top Go down

what to do with this 1929 stewart warner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1