Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Need help with a radio repair in Ridgewood NJ. 07450

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stan Renna

PostSubject: Need help with a radio repair in Ridgewood NJ. 07450   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:24 pm

I just sold and shipped a Zenith 10S155. FedEx did some dropping of the radio. And it is not playing very well. My customer does not want to ship the chassis back to me for repair. Any chance someone is near Ridgewood NJ. 07450 that can help me out. The dial belt is now slipping, might have a broken or loose tube, they broke one of the 4 small dials (local distance) and the glass gasket is miss placed. I am sure it is an easy repair. The chassis is fully recapped and was working perfectly before shipping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pwp.att.net/p/PWP-stansantiqueradios
smeezekitty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a radio repair in Ridgewood NJ. 07450   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Stan Renna wrote:
I just sold and shipped a Zenith 10S155. FedEx did some dropping of the radio. And it is not playing very well. My customer does not want to ship the chassis back to me for repair. Any chance someone is near Ridgewood NJ. 07450 that can help me out. The dial belt is now slipping, might have a broken or loose tube, they broke one of the 4 small dials (local distance) and the glass gasket is miss placed. I am sure it is an easy repair. The chassis is fully recapped and was working perfectly before shipping.
See if you can at-least make the customer check to make sure the tubes are still in there sockets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stan Renna

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a radio repair in Ridgewood NJ. 07450   Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 pm

I have done that. But there is more to it that just the loose tube possibility. The dial glass needs to be removed to fix the gasket and replace the small dial plus the slipping belt. The dial glass is held on with the small spring clips that are tricky. My customer is not mechanical. Removing the chassis is a challenge for him. He has a pickup and can take it so someone for repair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pwp.att.net/p/PWP-stansantiqueradios
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a radio repair in Ridgewood NJ. 07450   

Back to top Go down

Need help with a radio repair in Ridgewood NJ. 07450
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1