Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blaupunkt Punto Azul

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
al56

PostSubject: Blaupunkt Punto Azul   Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi everyone, new guy here. Name is Al and had just joined the forum before it went down. I wanted to show off my new flea market find of two weeks ago. It's a working radio,, the only thing I needed to replace was the light.

I was going to redo the whole radio cabinet but decied to just do the front rim, top and sides and leave the front inner wood as is. I'm not sure if I want to mimic the orignal look as best I can or just slap some dark varnish on,,,, just don't know yet.

The first 5 pic's are getting rid of the old and the last 3 are sanded and some lemmon wax put on for now. I will also wait around for the right chair or couch to be thrown out to replace the cloth Very Happy

Last edited by al56 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trent

PostSubject: Re: Blaupunkt Punto Azul   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Nice radio. I like the colorful dial. What does the badge on the upper left say? What about the markings around the dials? In Spanish?
Cloth doesn't look too bad. You might try sprucing it up with Chlorox Clean Up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dennis Wess

PostSubject: Re: Blaupunkt Punto Azul   Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Interesting that you are refinishing the cabinet without removing the chassis / grillecloth / etc.

I haven't seen that done before.

You have to be very careful not to damage the dial glass, grille, knobs & buttons, etc etc. Sanding dust getting into the chassis could be a problem also perhaps.

Hope it all works out for you with no glitches.

Dennis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reece

PostSubject: Re: Blaupunkt Punto Azul   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 pm

Punto Azul = Blaupunkt, Spanish/German. Separate brand, didn't think there was any connection with Telefunken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
al56

PostSubject: Re: Blaupunkt Punto Azul   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:46 am

wrote:
Punto Azul = Blaupunkt, Spanish/German. Separate brand, didn't think there was any connection with Telefunken.

Your right Reece it is a blaupunkt,, had several telefunkens so thats what I wrote. Thanks for the correction, sorry all.

Trent that badge says punto azul and everything is in english,, as for the cloth I didn't think cleaning it up would be bad but the dark stuff on the right is varnish and I don't know of anything to remove that.

Dennis I thought about taking the innards out before I started but there was enough of a dirt and dust already I figured that would be a good protective coating Very Happy

Now all all I need to find is two 12" of the metal trim things for along the bottom front base. If I can find these then maybe I will go for the orignal look of black lacquer front border and yellow strip.

Al
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaupunkt Punto Azul   

Back to top Go down

Blaupunkt Punto Azul
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1