Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

FREE - RCA 810K Cabinet and speaker - Chapel Hill, NC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dynadude

PostSubject: FREE - RCA 810K Cabinet and speaker - Chapel Hill, NC   Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:33 pm

The cabinet is in pretty good shape, and is a good candidate for restoration. No missing/loose veneer or deep scratches. It does have enough finish issues that it would look much nicer refinished.

Has a good escutcheon, but is missing the dial glass. The speaker looks great and seems to be in good working order. The grill cloth has no issues other than the usual age fading.

I planned to restore and keep this one, as it looks very nice, but the chassis had issues beyond my resources to fix.

Must be picked up. It's just not worth enough, or rare enough to bother with shipping. I will travel a bit to meet you though, if it will help this sweet old cabinet find a good home.

I am not willing to let the speaker or escutcheon go without the cabinet just yet.

Will add pics if requested.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KR

PostSubject: Re: FREE - RCA 810K Cabinet and speaker - Chapel Hill, NC   Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:08 pm

hey there, i just got an 812 that the cabinet is pretty much destroyed on, but the chassis looks good. wonder if they are fairly compatible? i have a buddy in chapel hill, let me ask him the next time he is headed home. thanks, kevin in chattanooga
Back to top Go down
View user profile
k.zwerg

PostSubject: RCA 810K escutcheon wanted....   Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:01 pm

If you decide to separate your pieces, I've got a fully restored 810K, but am missing the plastic escutcheon...thanks...Kurt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KR

PostSubject: Re: FREE - RCA 810K Cabinet and speaker - Chapel Hill, NC   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:26 pm

looks like the 812 and 810 aren't that close. i was thinking the 811, sorry. sounds like a nice cabinet and a great price :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dynadude

PostSubject: Re: FREE - RCA 810K Cabinet and speaker - Chapel Hill, NC   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Offer rescinded for now. Some parts may be offered later.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE - RCA 810K Cabinet and speaker - Chapel Hill, NC   

Back to top Go down

FREE - RCA 810K Cabinet and speaker - Chapel Hill, NC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1