Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Looking for a radio with a tuning eye

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leogthegreat

PostSubject: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Preferably tabletop, AM/FM would be nice, but not needed. Working. And reasonable price
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KR

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:34 am

not sure there are many am/fm with tuning eye, probably just am or am/shortwave. but these guys will correct me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joybird

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:04 am

Many German Models have AM/FM with eye

Bob T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave Allen

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:32 am

Spam? I just got a similar PM asking about the "laser" I'm selling which I clearly described as a an eprom eraser. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wcirco

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:59 am

What is with everybody saying longtime ARF members are spammers? Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaycebot

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:28 am

Delete
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaycesradios.jimdo.com
Leogthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:31 am

I would like to have one of the German sets, but I understand they are quite expensive,
I had the opportunity to buy one for $30, shoulda done it! Anyway, I'm looking for a good radio with a tuning eye. Also I have another question is it possible to add an aux input jack and have the tuning eye move with the music from the input?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pred

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:41 am

Leogthegreat wrote:
I would like to have one of the German sets, but I understand they are quite expensive,
I had the opportunity to buy one for $30, shoulda done it! Anyway, I'm looking for a good radio with a tuning eye. Also I have another question is it possible to add an aux input jack and have the tuning eye move with the music from the input?

No to the eye moving with the music IF the radio is in good condition.
A round eye german set is a tougher one to find, The oblong one would be easier to find.
Go to Ebay and plug in tuning eye and page through to see what options you may have then you can search with more education.
Peter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wcirco

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:50 am

A grundig 5060 has a tuning eye and FM. Its a round tuning eye as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leogthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 pm

anybody got one they would sell? Id like one with an input jack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldradioparts

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Many of the German sets imported to the USA from '58-'64 have AM, FM and SW as well as a tuning eye. Lots of them have a Phono input too, and you can use that as an aux in basically since they were set up for a ceramic type cartridge which is about line level. some of them also had TAPE inputs so those would work even better. Table radios like this are fairly common in the Midwest and east coast areas mainly but they can turn up anywhere. $40-$150 range usually.
Remember, nearly any of them you find will need servicing as they are tube radios.

Mark Oppat
www.oldradioparts.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gvel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:49 am

While we're on the topic, what is the least expensive eye-tube?

Yes, they look cool, but at 40 bucks a pop for a NOS 6U5, I'd rather my radios came without! Not too mention changing out the 1M resistor trapped inside the socket! Evil or Very Mad

I know all about retrofitting sockets and adding switches...but Lord have Mercy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bryantenn

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:27 am

Leothegreat:

Check your PM. I have two interesting options for you.

Bryan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a radio with a tuning eye   

Back to top Go down

Looking for a radio with a tuning eye
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1