Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

been spray painting some of my radio chassis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wendell2009

PostSubject: been spray painting some of my radio chassis   Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:52 am

been spray painting some of my radio chassis,to stop them from rusting and got some paint on the tuning gang. will that cause any problems?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slammed87d21

PostSubject: Re: been spray painting some of my radio chassis   Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:03 am

Shouldn't. I've gotten spray lacquer on tuning caps and never had any problems, but it was light overspray though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dgadzinski

PostSubject: Re: been spray painting some of my radio chassis   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 am

It depends on how much paint and where. If you used a metallic paint it may cause a problem. My suggestion is a q-tip swab and some lacquer thinner to get it off of there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr pepper

PostSubject: Re: been spray painting some of my radio chassis   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 am

Paint pigments tend to contain heavy metals, and anti rust type paints can contain zinc, all of which will affect the capacitance of the gang.
Your radio will still work, the cursor will read ever so slightly different, maybe not so you'd even notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: been spray painting some of my radio chassis   

Back to top Go down

been spray painting some of my radio chassis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1