Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

white decials for a halicrafter s38b

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wendell2009

PostSubject: white decials for a halicrafter s38b   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:09 pm

restoring a s38b, needs new paint and decials.
i can paint it but not sure if decials are avaible for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JG Jackson

PostSubject: Re: white decials for a halicrafter s38b   Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 am

I believe those letters were silk-screened onto the cabinet and are not decals. In the past, I have painted a few metal cabinets - and while the paint was still a bit wet - I used a little mineral spirits on a clean, lint-free cloth to carefully remove the new paint just over the lettering. After the paint dried, I used a clear coat over the entire cabinet to blend everything back in and, with a bit of care, it looked very good. Alternatively, you can buy decal sheets for your printer - but consumer printers generally do not print "white" .... you will have to be creative and perhaps use white decal paper with a overlay of clear decal printed in reverse (dark background with clear letters...)....

Here's a site with a redo of an S-38....

http://www.stanwatkins.com/hals38.htm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jack shirley

PostSubject: Re: white decials for a halicrafter s38b   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 am

Radiodaze lists them but you might want to check to see if they are in stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendell2009

PostSubject: Re: white decials for a halicrafter s38b   Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 am

thanks for the info guys, i will see if i can do that, also plan to clean the chassis with naval jelly and make this radio look like the day it was made Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendell2009

PostSubject: Re: white decials for a halicrafter s38b   Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:17 pm

i took some paint thinner and a q-tip and got the paint removed that covered the white lettering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: white decials for a halicrafter s38b   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Datak USED to make rub on transfer letters in several types for equipment, but alas, sadly they are no longer doing that.( The co. I contract at is a Philmore Dist. Philmore/Datak/et.al).

I have had good luck looking at some school supply and stationary stores for the sheets of alphabet letters you can rub on though.
FrankB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: white decials for a halicrafter s38b   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1