Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fred777

PostSubject: RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35   Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:37 am

I just recently aquired an old tube tester Its a RCA WT-100A .anyway it is missing the fuse
i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of fuse it takes so i can test it.
Im considering putting up for sale but just want to make sure it works first .
I also just ran into an old bogen tube amp it's a model #ex35,
It's huge I have another bogen amp that's smaller the ex-35 is about three times the size of it
but it needs alot of restoration i was just wondering If anyone knows where I can get schematics or any other info on it Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Douglas

PostSubject: Re: RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

I can find the fuse size when I get home from work, but I'm assuming you have no manual, and if so, you'd be better off leaving it as is, rather than risk damaging something by trying it out. It's a fairly elaborate piece of equipment, and a potential buyer will want to go through it carefully anyway. Whether it "works" or not doesn't matter as much as its cosmetic condition and past history (do you know where it came from and where it's been stored?) It dates from about 1957 and some components can be assumed bad and in need of replacement (electrolytics, and some of the precision resistors, at a minimum).

Where are you located, generally? This sort of equipment should be shipped very carefully, preferably picked up in person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fred777

PostSubject: Re: RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35   Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Alan Douglas wrote:
I can find the fuse size when I get home from work, but I'm assuming you have no manual, and if so, you'd be better off leaving it as is, rather than risk damaging something by trying it out. It's a fairly elaborate piece of equipment, and a potential buyer will want to go through it carefully anyway. Whether it "works" or not doesn't matter as much as its cosmetic condition and past history (do you know where it came from and where it's been stored?) It dates from about 1957 and some components can be assumed bad and in need of replacement (electrolytics, and some of the precision resistors, at a minimum).

Where are you located, generally? This sort of equipment should be shipped very carefully, preferably picked up in person.
I bought it from an older gentelman who was a master electician. he said it had just been stored in his garage for the last 40 years . It has a navy sticker on it and is in good cosmetic condition, other then needing to be cleaned up a little bit,
and one of the knobs is missing the plastic part. I had never seen one before and wasnt sure if
it was worth much, but I took a chance and bought it anyway.
I live in Utah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Douglas

PostSubject: Re: RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35   Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 pm

You have a prize. Yours is the first version (there were three) and didn't have as many functions as the later models. These don't appear for sale very often and I really have no idea what they go for (I bought mine a long time ago, before the audio fans rediscovered tubes).

The fuse is 3 amps. But I still advise against powering it up. The electrolytic capacitors will need reforming or replacing after forty years of disuse, and reforming them in-circuit (assuming they even can be) will probably damage some other parts.

How many plug-in socket adapters are in the front compartment?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fred777

PostSubject: Re: RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Alan Douglas wrote:
You have a prize. Yours is the first version (there were three) and didn't have as many functions as the later models. These don't appear for sale very often and I really have no idea what they go for (I bought mine a long time ago, before the audio fans rediscovered tubes).

The fuse is 3 amps. But I still advise against powering it up. The electrolytic capacitors will need reforming or replacing after forty years of disuse, and reforming them in-circuit (assuming they even can be) will probably damage some other parts.

How many plug-in socket adapters are in the front compartment?

It has four plug in sockets. I found the manual online and am considering taking
it in to get refurbished but am not sure , I might just sell it as is thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Douglas

PostSubject: Re: RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Be sure the manual is for the right version, since the circuitry is quite different. Later versions had three fuses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35   

Back to top Go down

RCA WT-100A need info bogen ex-35
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1