Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smokestuffer

PostSubject: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Just won one of these beasties on eBay and while researching for a manual I saw a few references from the old forums where these have changed hands on ARF. Glad to pay for scanned images, PDF or paper copy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldradioparts

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm

The TeleOhmiks came in models up to 6, so it may be a typo? Not aware of a model 16.

Mark Oppat
www.oldradioparts.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokestuffer

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 pm

I had not heard of one either, but it looks older than the TO-4,5 or 6. There are a few references to model 16s, mainly on the old ARF forums. Hopefully they will be able to bring the old forums back. That was a real bummer how they were treated by the hosting company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave Doughty

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:08 am

Here is the manual for the model 16:

http://antiqueradios.com/gallery/d/123990-1/Sprague+Tel-Omike+16+Manual.pdf?

This is the model 16 which I recently sold to a forum member.
/
Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokestuffer

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:59 am

Thanks a bunch Dave! That will be a big help as I want to go through it before I put it on the bench.

Thanks again,
Jerry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave Doughty

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 am

Unfortunately, the operating manual doesn't contain a schematic. I also never knew there was a model 16 until I found one at an estate sale. Even though it has a higher model number than the others, it appears to be a bit older.

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
burnt fingers

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

The TO-16 is a prewar model and the postwar TO-2 is the equivalent. Steve Johnson has the complete manual with schematic.

I have Daves TO-16 now and it was an easy job to get running fine.

Carl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:20 am

Jerry, sent you a PM.

I have one sitting on the shelf also.
Just like Pa Kettle, "I plan on getting to it one of these days".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.stevenjohnson.com
easyrider8

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:59 am

The model 16, 18 and the TO-1, TO-2 were the early models and the schematics were about the same. Then came the TCA-1, TO-3, TO-4, TO-5, TO-6, and the TO-6A These were all built in the new style case.

If you need a schematic for the 18 PM me with your email and I will send it to you

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16   

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Manual for Sprague Tel-Ohmike model 16
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1