Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Electronic Futures Inc program control (pics added)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tube Radio

PostSubject: Electronic Futures Inc program control (pics added)   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 pm

I have one I got a few years ago from a flea market. Since then I have been trying to find info on it, but the internet turns up very little. I will provide pics. I would like to get a schematic of the unit if possible. From what little info I could gather it was used in schools to transmit audio to small receivers that students in a classroom would wear and has four separate channels that transmit on four different frequencies in the LF RF band. I did replace the electrolytic caps on the power supply and the four removable channel boards. At one time I had all the resistors I needed to replace, but I never got to it and wound up using the resistors for other things. At one time I had it connected to my stereo and used it as a VU meter since each channel has two neon lights one yellow to indicate signal level and one red to indicate when you have applied too much signal. It used a loop which would be placed around the walls of the room it was to be used in to transmit the RF. I do not have the original knobs on it as the Radio Shack ones looked better.

I have of course modded it some to make the device into a preamp, but I had to input the signal at the level controls to bypass the first stages to eliminate the hissing in the audio. What they did for the line level source is to attenuate it and feed it to the mic preamp which was no problem when used for its intended purpose as the program control has a limited frequency response since it operates on the LF band. I do not like the 14K pots used for the input level controls as they do not interface well with some higher impedance devices, but I cannot seem to find a 100K panel mount pot that has a long enough part where the nut goes as the controls also hold on the piece that extends from the front panel with all the markings on it.

Here's a link to the pics http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab196/jmcinvale/Program%20control/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tube Radio

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Futures Inc program control (pics added)   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm wondering if this is a rare item?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Electronic Futures Inc program control (pics added)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1