Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xrhonda91

PostSubject: WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Hello,

The ferrite rod on an RCA 9-TX-2 chassis I'm working on is missing a large piece.

Looking for a 7" long, 1/4" diameter round ferrite rod to replace it. Surely other radios used

this length & diameter in their antenna coils back then... Anyone have a good one in their

junkbox or know of other radios that used this size I could search for ? The coil & form are in

good condition and will simply slide over new rod...

Also need the 270 ohm ( cold ) thermistor that was used in several RCA radios of that era in the

P-P output circuit...

Thanks much. John

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:24 pm

If you can come up with the original RCA part number or drawing number for the thermistor, I may have it.
There are 10 cases of NOS RCA parts in my storage bldg that have been inventoried so far.

I -think- I have the ferrite rod you need too. Will look tonite for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xrhonda91

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...   Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Hello Frank,

The radio was manufactured in 1958. Chassis RC-1156C. RCA factory number according to SAMS Photofact is 101650 for loopstick ( although I only need the rod ) and 103021 for the 270 ohm ( cold ) thermistor. Evidently both these parts are RCA specific... Think I mentioned earlier that the same thermistor was used in several RCA transistor sets of that era...

Thanks much for your time...

John

Back to top Go down
View user profile
burnt fingers

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...   Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 am

Try the links below and see if they have anyting you might need. Amidon is a distributor for several ferrite companies.

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/index.htm

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/support.htm

Carl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 am

The used ferrite rod I have is 6.5" long and about 5/16 diameter. Would that do you? Nothing in the NOS RCA stuff I have..
FrankB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xrhonda91

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...   Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Carl, thanks for links...

FrankB, thanks much for looking. Unfortunately coil won't fit larger diameter rod...

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...   

Back to top Go down

WTB: 7" x 1/4" diameter ferrite antenna rod, 270 ohm thermistor...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1