Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Heathkit Daystrom AJ-30 Tuner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aaron

PostSubject: Heathkit Daystrom AJ-30 Tuner   Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:35 am

Does anyone own one of these, or owned one in the past? If so, what do you think of them? I've got a chance to buy one, so I'm seeking opinions before I pull the trigger.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/heath_am_fm_tuner_aj_30_aj3.html

One more question: is it a tuner only? Not an amplifier? The thing's got 16 tubes, so you think there would be in amp in there somewhere! Laughing

Thanks!

Aaron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radiotechnician

PostSubject: Re: Heathkit Daystrom AJ-30 Tuner   Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:17 am

Is a simultuner, 2 tuners in one. AM and FM which can be used seperately. I have 2 of the matching amplifiers abouts somewhere here, knew both builders, one passed now. If you are a Heathkit collectors its a fine find. I never did like the leather look. Try and get the original manual, it may be worth as much as the tuner. One thing about Heathkits is that if you find one that looks fresh, seems to be well built, but doesnt work, there is a chance it never worked because of an error in construction. and was put aside. This meant good unused tubes.

de
VE7ASO
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Heathkit Daystrom AJ-30 Tuner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1