Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I got Maced today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wcirco

PostSubject: I got Maced today   Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:23 pm

We were in California Tortilla and my brother decided it would be a great idea to put the hottest hot sauce in the store on his burrito. When he sets his burrito down. It flings the container of hot sauce right in my face. It got in my eyes, nose and mouth. Burned worse than you could possibly imagine. Lasted about 40 minuets before all the burning went away. My eyes swelled up and I couldnt breathe. Looked on the bottle and the main ingredient was capsaicin. Shocked

Fine now. My nose is really clear! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RadioShack

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 pm

I got a face full of habenero powder once....it was not plesant. The burning lasted for hours. I had to put my head in a bowl of ice water and then milk to deal with it. I like spicy food, but try not to let it come into contact with my hands. If it does, it will inevitably get into my eyes somehow.

It does clear out your sinus' very well though...

Ian

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay Nicolsen

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:29 am

If you do any cooking with hot peppers, that's the first thing you learn...once you've been slicing them up, do NOT get your fingers near your eyes!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mhallack

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:53 am

Capsaicin is the ingredient in all hot peppers that, well causes the burning. It can definetly be problematic, and is the main ingredient obviously in pepper spray. But I usually go for the hottest stuff myself with Mexican food. Sometimes I'll use a bit of habanero in whatever I'm cooking. My wife says it's way too strong, but I can barely sense the heat in it. cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay Nicolsen

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:57 am

mhallack wrote:
...My wife says it's way too strong, but I can barely sense the heat in it. cherry

My wife's the same way. Even my daughters laugh at her. The family joke is that "Mom can't eat anything hotter than ketchup!!".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dorpmuller

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:50 am

Clay Nicolsen wrote:
If you do any cooking with hot peppers, that's the first thing you learn...once you've been slicing them up, do NOT get your fingers near your eyes!!

Do not get your fingers near your weenie either! affraid

Made that mistake once when I was cooking and had to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrianU

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:50 pm

When I was in college MANY years ago I worked for the Post Office as a substitute carrier. They gave the carriers a product called Halt that was really effective on pretty much any dog that tried to attack. One day my mailbag fell over in the trunk as I was driving and the can of Halt unloaded its contents. Of course it HAD to somehow aim itself just right so it sprayed past the gap in the seat cushion and filled the inside of the car. I managed to pull over but couldn't walk for about half an hour. At least the police who came by saw my mailman cap and were nice enough to try and help.

I don't recommend it!

Brian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tpaairman

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:16 pm

dorpmuller wrote:
Do not get your fingers near your weenie either! affraid

Even after washing your hands. I had a pepper spray can once, and did a test spray to see the pattern. Got some on my hands, and washed them. While I was in the bathroom I too did my business and let me tell you, that will warm you up good down there, and not in a good way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got Maced today   

Back to top Go down

I got Maced today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1