Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My BIG BEEF !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldradioparts

PostSubject: My BIG BEEF !   Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Is folks who send me emails with vague subject headers ! Be specific with your headers when inquiring for parts, folks. For instance, I get a lot of emails saying something like "part wanted" in the header. PLEASE, say it right out... like "AK 55 Tuning knob wanted" . It really helps us parts guys keep track. When you get 30+ radio inquiry emails a week like I do, it can really get confusing in the pile of emails.

Also, with knobs, send pix if you have one to match, show all sides and call out dimensions.

give as much info on the first email as you can about any part. It really helps. Always try to call out the brand and model number of radio (or chassis number if you have that). This way, I can go all to my references. In general, part numbers are worthless though. They were only good for the parts dealers way back when, but if you have one, call it out anyways.

I really do try to search out every part, and if I dont have, I try to recommend sources if possible.

thanks !!!
Mark Oppat
www.oldradioparts.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrumblingWires

PostSubject: Re: My BIG BEEF !   Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Oooohhhhhh I hear ya there,

Someone asked me a while back if I was interested in a 7 knob GE after responding to Ken G's topic of the RCA that glasdave ended up buying. I told him to send me some pics if he was interested in selling it to me.

Never heard back from the guy Shocked Hmmmm, let me recall "Who was he?"

Geeeeezz radio part salesmen these days Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Lloyd

“Sometimes it’s better to Stop the Charge & Compromise, then to Run over the Edge of the Cliff with ALL Flags Waving!!”
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My BIG BEEF !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1