Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cwr56

PostSubject: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Ok, I've been trying for some time to locate a resisitor for my vtvm. One of you gentlemen was nice enough to mail me one, but it never arrived :-(

Unfortunately, I don't remember who it was.

I had one that I was able to scavenge out of a junk meter, but It's not within 1%, and a 10 ohm resistor measures 8 ohms with it installed

Anyway, I'm looking for R4, a 9.75ohm 1%, for the RX1 scale.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

-John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixellany

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Looks like 9.76 ohm is the standard value:
http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Components/Resistors/Film-Resistors/Metal-Film-Resistors-Through-Hole/_/N-7gz41?P=1z0wlqqZ1z0wljo

Mouser doesn't seem to stock it, but I'm sure someone does. Where are you located, and what are the local electronics stores?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnnysan

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 pm

I have one; you can have it for postage. Just PM your address.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cwr56

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:13 pm

pixellany wrote:
Where are you located, and what are the local electronics stores?

Glendale, CA.

Closest is Electronic City Inc. I work there.

Johnnysan wrote:
I have one; you can have it for postage. Just PM your address.

Wow, that was fast!

One other question, do you know the cable that was used in the probe? It's too thin to be RG-58, and thicker than RG-174.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnnysan

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 pm

I don't know what the cable was. Might have been microphone cable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edo61it

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:43 am

Try the RG58A/U, more flexible than the others RG58 types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixellany

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:16 am

For a VTVM, I would think just about any kind of single-conductor shielded cable. RG58 should work fine, but it's a bit heavy.

cwr*; We're neighbors--I'm in Sierra Madre. Have you been to Fry's? If you can stand being there, they do have a pretty good selection of stuff. There's also the old Dow Radio store in Pasadena. A few weeks ago, I went to the SCARS meeting at Ford Electronics in Buena Park. Ford seems to be one of the last of the real electronics stores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cwr56

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah, but it also has to fit in the old strain releifs. I measured the outside diameter at .15 inches.

I can't stand fry's, and good luck finding any employees who know what they're talking about.

I was at the ford meet as well. I was the young guy with the glasses, and the burgandy electronic city shirt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnnysan

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:20 pm

This is kind of funny. I'm shipping a scope probe to Pixellany and a resistor to cwr56. Tell me when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c   

Back to top Go down

Resistor for senior voltohmyst wv-98c
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1