Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Electrolytic .?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cokekid

PostSubject: Electrolytic .?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:41 am

I am trying to replace the Electrolytics in a Stewart Warne r#R421. I require three a 10 mfd 300v, 15 mfd 400v and 20 mfd 25 v. The problem is there are identified on the can with the usual symbols and i was led to believe that these symbols would be on the bottom to indicate were each wire is to be connected.There are no markings on the botttom of the can.

I have a schematic, but again this is not my strong point and i do not want to take the chance in hooking the wires up in the wrong place. I changed all the capacitor and the radio is working.

I would appreciate any help

Gerry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Electrolytic .?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am

cokekid wrote:
I am trying to replace the Electrolytics in a Stewart Warne r#R421. I require three a 10 mfd 300v, 15 mfd 400v and 20 mfd 25 v. The problem is there are identified on the can with the usual symbols and i was led to believe that these symbols would be on the bottom to indicate were each wire is to be connected.There are no markings on the botttom of the can.

I have a schematic, but again this is not my strong point and i do not want to take the chance in hooking the wires up in the wrong place. I changed all the capacitor and the radio is working.

I would appreciate any help

Gerry

Please post a link to the schematic, and I'm sure we can help you.

Aaron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cokekid

PostSubject: Re: Electrolytic .?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:21 am

Aaron

I have the schematic but am not sure were or how to post it. I guess I will do some reading on how to do this and then post it.

Thanks for replying to my question.

Gerry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
burnt fingers

PostSubject: Re: Electrolytic .?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:26 am

The symbols are right at each terminal and punched into the phenolic, easy to overlook.

Carl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrolytic .?   

Back to top Go down

Electrolytic .?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antique Radios Forum :: Antique Radio Forums :: Antique Radio Discussions-
Jump to: