Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

a follow up to a zenith i.d. thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
x-warp

PostSubject: a follow up to a zenith i.d. thread.   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:51 am

just before the board issue, i posted asking for the help in i.d.'ing a zenith receiver that was listed on a local sale for 100 o.b.o.

one post identified it as a 8-s-154. a following post identified it as a 6-s-164.

well, i finally got in touch with the seller, determined it to be in fact a 6-s-164, and agreed to 75 for the set.

apparently, this set has been converted to a.c. and it appears that it may have been done somewhere around 1950 based on pencil markings on the chassis.

will post more before pics when i finally get it. am looking forward to working on this receiver.

any thoughts on this set as it will be my first zenith?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jim Berg

PostSubject: Re: a follow up to a zenith i.d. thread.   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Model would be 6-B-164. See how the conversion was done, and if it works well, keep it as it is. If you change it to a 8 tube chassis yo will need the correct speaker and also an escutcheon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

a follow up to a zenith i.d. thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1