Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My October Finds No Losses as of yet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cooljjay

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Well things were okay this weekend, got a late victorian wash stand and in the car is a few 100lb's of playboy magazines from the 50's to 92 and 2 huge speakers. Will add some photos when I can rearrange the garage to accommodate them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Johnson

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:48 pm

cooljjay wrote:
Well things were okay this weekend, got a late victorian wash stand and in the car is a few 100lb's of playboy magazines from the 50's to 92 and 2 huge speakers. Will add some photos when I can rearrange the garage to accommodate them.
Remember when your posting photos we don't care about victorian wash stands or speakers. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.stevenjohnson.com
cooljjay

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Steve Johnson wrote:

Remember when your posting photos we don't care about victorian wash stands or speakers.

But the speakers are cool they have photos of woodstock on them Very Happy And come I'm not posting any naughty photos to get you boys all wild up Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooljjay

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Photos as promised,

Forgot about these few
WWII Portable phonograph US Army issued

Grundig tabletop..top of the line I hear

Speakers

The playboy 11 boxes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Johnson

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:25 pm

cooljjay wrote:
Steve Johnson wrote:

Remember when your posting photos we don't care about victorian wash stands or speakers.

But the speakers are cool they have photos of woodstock on them Very Happy And come I'm not posting any naughty photos to get you boys all wild up Laughing

Actually the speakers with the woodstock grill cloth are pretty cool...
Back to top Go down
rocketeer

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Picked up a Hallicrafters S-20R Sky Champion at a Hamfest today.

and an RCA Jr VoltOhmyst WV-500B.

Larry
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enter.net/~rocketeer/13thaaf/13thmain.html
Gary Tayman

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:04 pm

I just got home from a danceband, performing at our church.

I ran the sound. The performance was excellent, the sound was excellent, and the feed -- if I were to broadcast it or record it (which I didn't but should have) it is every bit professional broadcast quality. Y'all would have loved to hear it!

But -- to top it off, someone there had just cleaned out his closet, and brought a radio with him that he thought I'd like to have. A beautiful Zenith TO Royal 3000! I'll take it, and that makes TWO radios from the church in as many months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uffda

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Nice going Gary. Who knew going to church also paid off in the here and now?

I just got home with a clean 1932 Kolster K-110 bought from a local ARF member. A great
deal for $50 - eight tubes, recapped and playing great.

-Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simplex1040

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:06 pm

cooljjay wrote:

say what do 100's of lbs of playboys go for I always wondered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Johnson

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:36 pm

simplex1040 wrote:

I think they go for tennis, large yachts, loose women, and booze.
Back to top Go down
cooljjay

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:15 pm

simplex1040 wrote:

Well the first issue is Marlyn Moonre and that goes for about 2500$, the other issues from the 50's are in the 100's of dollars. The rest really don't have any value. I am pretty much picking out the ones I find interesting(articles/ads) and then will put the rest out at a yard sale for 2$ a piece. I just found the one with Madonna in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Johnson

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:37 pm

cooljjay wrote:
I am pretty much picking out the ones I find interesting(articles/ads)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldradiospook

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Steve Johnson wrote:
cooljjay wrote:
I am pretty much picking out the ones I find interesting(articles/ads)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
and I'm sure we all believe that............................ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dan walker

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:43 pm

A friend of mine was reading Playboy ,and he told me that he reads National Geogeaphic also.. I said what does National Geographic have to do with Playboy. His reply was '' Everyone likes to look at pictures of places they will never visit''
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldradiospook

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:06 pm

oh yes, how true, how true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mhallack

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 pm

My find for $10 today, all I could afford. RCA 8-X-71 AM/FM. For whatever reason the knobs won't come off. You can pull them off the metal part, but it's like they are tied on too. Weird. And it's AM/FM!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocketeer

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm

I picked up this Firestone Air Chief S-7404-6 (1941) and an EICO 324 signal generator at a flea market today. Spent $8 for both.

Larry
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enter.net/~rocketeer/13thaaf/13thmain.html
oldradiospook

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Nice Sig Gen. I got one just like it. Sept I gots all my knobs. Advert on here for one. Mine was missing the same know and someone on here had one.

MagicBill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisH664

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 am

cooljjay wrote:
simplex1040 wrote:

Well the first issue is Marlyn Moonre and that goes for about 2500$, the other issues from the 50's are in the 100's of dollars. The rest really don't have any value. I am pretty much picking out the ones I find interesting(articles/ads) and then will put the rest out at a yard sale for 2$ a piece. I just found the one with Madonna in it.

Jason, so you got the Monroe issue? If so...you lucky dog!! 50's ones are good too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gary Tayman

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:16 am

oldradiospook wrote:
Nice Sig Gen. I got one just like it. Sept I gots all my knobs. Advert on here for one. Mine was missing the same know and someone on here had one.

MagicBill

I have one too, and I bet a majority of people here have them -- simple but effective and easy to use.

On mine, somebody has removed the original output connector and replaced it with a BNC. Not uncommon, though I don't understand quite why. It's not as though you unplug it three times a day -- maybe some do and that's the problem. My unit acted a bit flakey; seems to have output but when I troubleshoot a radio it makes me wonder if there's a problem in the radio or the generator. Sure enough, generator had a problem. Nothing that a full recap couldn't take care of. Quite often people habitually recap old radios and forget about the test equipment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mhallack

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:57 am

[quote="Steve Johnson"]
simplex1040 wrote:

Wyatt said he'll take them off your hands!! What a Face Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jewel pim

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:09 pm

no new stuff but been selling a lot of stuff on e pay Jewel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://web.me.com/jewelpim/jewelsoldtimeradios/welcome.html
cooljjay

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:16 pm

ChrisH664 wrote:

Jason, so you got the Monroe issue? If so...you lucky dog!! 50's ones are good too.

No I was lied too, there wasn't one from the 50's. The only one I found somewhat interesting was the Madonna issue, so to the sale they all go.

Got to more large speakers, but lost a tail light...damn tree jumped in the way

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Radionut39

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Well, I found this neat item at a garage sale. Smile

'Soho Pottery, Cobridge, England', operated from 1906-1944.

There is also a Winston Churchill matching Plate (out there somewhere...)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My October Finds No Losses as of yet   

Back to top Go down

My October Finds No Losses as of yet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2