Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WTB- Plastic meter face or entire meter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB

PostSubject: WTB- Plastic meter face or entire meter   Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:59 pm

I just started restoring a Knight Kit model 600 (?)- no model # on it. Possibly a 83YX142 or 143.
SK-525-9 is on the meter and its a 0-1 MA movement with a rectangular face.
The plastic meter face is missing- so I need one or an entire meter.

Please email or PM me with cost.
Thanks
FrankB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chas

Location : S. Dartmouth MA 02748-1225 ------------ Avatar: Uncle Tony's Shack

PostSubject: Re: WTB- Plastic meter face or entire meter   Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Frank,

Can you post the dimensions of the meter? Specifically, the outside of the meter where the face is supposed to snap over. I have some surplus meters that have snap-on faces, maybe one would fit...

Chas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jim Koehler

PostSubject: Re: WTB- Plastic meter face or entire meter   Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:39 pm

I belive it's the same dimensions as a "Shurite" meter. If it is I have one here...

...Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fred Scoles

PostSubject: Re: WTB- Plastic meter face or entire meter   Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm

The number you've listed above "SK525-9" should be printed only on the lower left corner of the number scale; it is a Simpson scale of a certain size and arc scale, which on my 525-9 scales measures about 4 1/2"W X 3"H (arc width 3 1/2"), which fits into various Simpson cases about 4 5/8"W X 4 3/16"H, cataloged as a 4 1/2" case. This number does not specify the actual case or the window/lens or bezel, which would be the actual meter model number...possibly a special production, non-printed model number for these early Allied/Knight testers. I think they used this Simpson meter only during the earliest production, when it didn't yet have Model 600 printed on it, only the Allied Cat # 83Y..... They switched to a much cheaper brand meter after yours. They also produced a prototype (it was not put into production) 13-toggle (much like the Heath IT & Eico 628's) after the 600C, but its meter was made in Brooklyn; this prototype includes a variable voltage DC supply to test VR tubes. We might have what you need; a picture and inch measurements would help. Fred
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB- Plastic meter face or entire meter   

Back to top Go down

WTB- Plastic meter face or entire meter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1